Its probably isn’t news that Whatsapp Hijacking is back in business. The resurgence of hacked WhatsApp numbers means prompt safety measures are needed, luckily WhatsApp got us covered.
So far, we can’t say for sure why the attack on WhatsApp numbers is on the rapid rise, we also don’t know if these attacks are as a result of a WhatsApp software vulnerability or as a result of human errors.
But what we know now is you can add an extra layer of security to your Whatsapp number and here is how to do it.
1. What you want to do is open the setting section of your WhatsApp, you do that by tapping on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your WhatsApp from the chat tab.
2. Open settings and then tap on accounts.
3. Tap Two-step verification
4. From there you will be required to provide and verify your 6-digit secret PIN.
5. And then email address just in case you forget your PIN
Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security in case the hijacker bypasses the OTP verification, he would have to provide your pin to get into your WhatsApp.
The PIN will be required each time you change your phone, and WhatsApp will infrequently require you to verify your PIN to make sure the account is still in safe hands.